1. Who we are
Jan Borren Instruments (often referred to as “we” or “us” hereafter) is committed to handling your personal information that identifies you, or makes you identifiable, with care and respect to maintain your trust and confidence in us. We would never sell your information to any third party, we simply collect the data that you fill in on our contact forms, or by other means that you supply to us, to be able to assist you in the best way possible when buying a handpan, handpan related products, tickets for workshops and concerts, shells for making handpans or having an instrument repaired. In this Privacy Notice we describe what kind of personal information we collect, how we obtain it, how we use it, how we keep it secure, how long we hold it for, on what legal grounds (as outlined in the GDPR) we hold it and what limited information we would disclose to third parties and the reasons for this disclosure.
2. Types of data we collect
2.1 Personal Data
We collect personal data only when you choose to provide it to us voluntarily through:
- The contact/registration form on our “acquire” page
- The contact/registration form on our “Tools” page
- Emails sent to one of our secure email addresses
- Messages sent to us through other platforms such as Facebook or Instagram
- Giving it to us in person, on paper or over the phone
We never search the web or search for other sources to obtain more or any personal information about anyone, all personal information collected by us is through you voluntarily sharing it with us.
2.2 Legality of using your personal information
Ayasa Instruments only collects the amount of data that we feel is necessary to fully respond to your request, we will never collect data that is unnecessary for your specific request.
The GDPR, the General Data Protection Regulation, and other privacy laws allow us to make use of your personal information only when we have a solid ground for it. When we process your data we base our reasons for using the data on one of the following grounds as outlined in the GDPR:
- The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
We do not collect any kind of special categories of personal data.
2.3 Automatic data collection
Some of your data is automatically collected when you visit our website. This kind of information is only collected to enhance the security of our website and the data on our servers and give you a better experience on our website. This information is kept by us for as long as we need the data, however we will never make the data identifiable.
2.3.1 Google Analytics information
Whenever you visit our website, www.janborreninstruments.com , we use Google Analytics, a third party internet service, to collect details of your behaviour patterns and standard internet log information. The information is made unidentifiable, which means that any data given to Google Analytics does not contain any identifiable personal information of you. We collect this data to analyse traffic on our website.
2.3.2 IP addresses
We collect your IP addresses (specific identity number attached to your specific internet connection and location) and monitor when this IP address accesses the website in order to maintain the security of our website. The IP addresses are kept unidentifiable.
3. Mailing lists
You can unsubscribe from any of the mailing lists at any time by going to one of the newsletters and clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. Alternatively you can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your request to be deleted from the newsletter.
4. Sharing of personal information
We only disclose your information to third parties when it is absolutely necessary to follow up on your agreement with us. This means that usually the only types of information disclosed are:
- Your address details (including phone number and email address) to our shipping agent when we are shipping an instrument or other products to you.
- Your invoice that we make to our bookkeeper and sometimes to the Dutch tax office. This is required by law in the Netherlands and this is the only reason for the disclosure of your invoice. Your invoice is also sent with your parcel when it leaves the Netherlands and can be inspected by the shipping carrier and customs duties officer(s) when applicable and required. On the invoice they can see your full name, address details, company details, phone number, email address and what you have ordered.
Jan Borren Instruments never sells your personal information to third parties or hands it over for other reasons than stated above.
5. Access to your personal information
Under the GDPR, you are entitled to view, amend or delete any of your personal information that we hold. If you wish to do so, please email your request to email@example.com. Please note that your request of personal information may not be immediate, you would have to prove your identity before we can allow you to view, amend or delete any of your personal information. Jan Borren Instruments will make the effort to respond and comply to your request, as long as it is practical and legal, within the legal time frame of one month.
However, if you are registered on our website you can find your information by logging in and going to your account settings, you can change your preferences here.
6. Security and duration of storage
We have taken security reasonable measures to protect your private information from theft, misuse, loss, manipulation and alteration. However we can not guarantee your information to be safe. You can be sure however that only a very select group of officially registered personnel are able to see all of your information. This select group of personnel is trained in keeping your information safe, not to distribute or sell your information and have vowed to keep your information highly confidential.
We only keep your information for as long as it is absolutely necessary to keep it.
7. Changes to this Privacy Notice
Jan Borren Instruments is allowed to change this Privacy Notice whenever we please to make sure that our current practices of handling your privacy are described in the up to date notice. Whenever we make a change to this Privacy Notice, we will update the “last updated” date at the top of this page.